- Beth: Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley - 9
- Nancy: Skipping Christmas, by John Grisham - 8
- Melissa: Official Guide to Christmas in the South (or If You Can't Fry It, Spray Paint It Gold), by David. C. Barnette - 8
- Cyndi: The Christmas Promise, by Donna Vanliere - 5, but a good 5
- Jessica: The Paper Bag Christmas, by Kevin Alan Milne - 8
- Carrie Ann: Holidays on Ice, by David Sedaris - 8
- Cynthia: Run, by Ann Patchett - 9
(Cynthia is Jessica's mom - she was visiting with us for this meeting)
- Amy: The Dog Who Saved Christmas, by Alan Sullo - 5, but a cute book
- Heather: The Cole Family Christmas, by Jennifer Bryan & Hazel Kendle - 8
(I reviewed this on my blog)
- Nicole: The Red Tent, by Anita Diamante - 8
Welcome to Storie delle Sorelle
Monday, December 22
Tuesday, December 9
We'll be setting meeting dates at our Christmas party on 12/21 so please remember to bring your calendar. And feel free to read ahead if you want to!
Tuesday, December 2
In preparation for our upcoming Christmas Party, I give you ...
Rules for SdelleS Christmas Book Swap
Each gal should bring a new or gently used book to swap. Books must be wrapped or bagged so that no one can tell what is inside.
Playing the Game:
- All wrapped gifts are put in the center of the room.
- The gals draw numbers from a hat to determine the order in which we pick gifts.
- Gal #1 chooses a gift from the center and opens it, and shows it to everyone. That is the end of her turn ... for now.
- Gal #2 chooses a gift from the center, opens it, and shows it to everyone. She may then swap her current gift with Gal #1 or keep the gift she has.
- Gal #3 chooses a new gift, opens it, and shows it to everyone. Gal #3 may either keep the gift she opened or swap it for another Gal's opened gift.
- We continue like this until each person has a gift.
- Gal #1 may then swap her gift with any other gal.
- That’s the end of the game!
Note: There is no limit to the number of times a gift can be “stolen” ... good luck!