Welcome to Storie delle Sorelle

Welcome to the blog for SdelleS. To learn more about our book club check out my first blog entry or read about our members. Or check out our ReadingGroupGuides.com interview here! Using the links to the right, you can browse the books we've read and rated or visit some of my favorite sites for book clubs on the web. How about some questions to consider as you read a book? This site is meant to provide a wealth of information for all readers so I hope you enjoy your visit! Please post a comment or contact me with any questions or thoughts. :)

Monday, October 8

2006: The Secret Life of Bees

The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd was our first individually chosen book. Nancy was the lucky lady who got to choose first, and this was her pick.

For some reason, I couldn't attend this meeting, but I sent the discussion questions with someone else. Too bad I missed it as this was the first "theme" meeting we had! Someone had the brilliant idea that everyone should wear a big hat, just like the Daughters of Mary in the book. One of the ladies brought honey and another brought coke and peanuts. I heard that they all had lots of fun at the meeting!

There were 8 participants and their votes were: 4, 7, 8x5 and 9. The official rating was: 7.5.

Although I missed the discussion, I did really enjoy this book. It was an easy read, yet the characters really captured my attention.

No comments: