Welcome to Storie delle Sorelle

Welcome to the blog for SdelleS. To learn more about our book club check out my first blog entry or read about our members. Or check out our ReadingGroupGuides.com interview here! Using the links to the right, you can browse the books we've read and rated or visit some of my favorite sites for book clubs on the web. How about some questions to consider as you read a book? This site is meant to provide a wealth of information for all readers so I hope you enjoy your visit! Please post a comment or contact me with any questions or thoughts. :)

Monday, October 8

2006: Wicked

Wicked, by Gregory Maquire, was our final group pick before we changed to individually chosen books. Kara really wanted to read this and talked it up to the group for quite a while.

Seven people participated in this book discussion. Nicole started reading, but she quit early on ... for good reason. She had just found out she was pregnant (for the first time), and although she and her husband were excited, they were also unprepared and nervous about the whole thing. So the section about the baby Elphaba with her green skin and sharp teeth actually gave Nicole nightmares that something was wrong with her baby. Of course, we excused her from reading the rest of the book!

Personally, I hated this book. I did read the entire thing, and I did find some parts interesting, but on the whole I really, really disliked it. If I recall correctly, Kara really liked it though.

The votes were quite varied on this one: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 8.5. The official rating was 3.1.

No comments: