On Sunday we had our annual Christmas Party complete with good food, good friends, and lots of books!
For this meeting everyone got to read a book of her choice. Most of our discussion took the form of Book Reports. Here's a list of who read what and what they rated the books.
- Beth: Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley - 9
- Nancy: Skipping Christmas, by John Grisham - 8
- Melissa: Official Guide to Christmas in the South (or If You Can't Fry It, Spray Paint It Gold), by David. C. Barnette - 8
- Cyndi: The Christmas Promise, by Donna Vanliere - 5, but a good 5
- Jessica: The Paper Bag Christmas, by Kevin Alan Milne - 8
- Carrie Ann: Holidays on Ice, by David Sedaris - 8
- Cynthia: Run, by Ann Patchett - 9
(Cynthia is Jessica's mom - she was visiting with us for this meeting)
- Amy: The Dog Who Saved Christmas, by Alan Sullo - 5, but a cute book
- Heather: The Cole Family Christmas, by Jennifer Bryan & Hazel Kendle - 8
(I reviewed this on my blog)
- Nicole: The Red Tent, by Anita Diamante - 8
After the book reports, we did our Book Exchange. It was lots of fun! There wasn't all that much stealing going on but ONE book did get stolen several times: The Brief and Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao.
A big thank you to Jessica for hosting our Christmas Party!
Here's a list of upcoming meeting dates:
Monday, Jan. 26th - location TBD
"Interpreter of Maladies" by Jhumpa Lahiri
Saturday, Feb. 28th @ 1pm - Beth's house
"Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult
Monday, Feb. 23rd - Cyndi's house
"The Bean Trees" by Barbara Kingsolver