Welcome to Storie delle Sorelle

Welcome to the blog for SdelleS. To learn more about our book club check out my first blog entry or read about our members. Or check out our ReadingGroupGuides.com interview here! Using the links to the right, you can browse the books we've read and rated or visit some of my favorite sites for book clubs on the web. How about some questions to consider as you read a book? This site is meant to provide a wealth of information for all readers so I hope you enjoy your visit! Please post a comment or contact me with any questions or thoughts. :)

Thursday, February 19

Literary-Themed Inn Opens in Maryland!

I just read about this wonderful place, the Inn Boonsboro, that opened this week right here in Maryland. The owner is Nora Roberts, aka JD Robb, author of the "In Death" series.

What makes this place so special? Each room is named and designed after a famous literary couple who found their happy ending! Here's a list of the rooms:
  • Marguerite & Percy - from The Scarlet Pimpernel, by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
  • Nick & Nora - from The Thin Man, by Dashiell Hammett
  • Jane & Rochester - from Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
  • Elizabeth & Darcy - from Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
  • Titania and Oberon - from A Midsummer Night's Dream, by William Shakespeare
  • Eve & Roarke - from the In Death novels, by JD Robb
  • Westley & Buttercup - from The Princess Bride, by William Goldman
  • and there is a Penthouse as well
You can learn more about the Inn Boonsboro at the website: www.innboonsboro.com.

Hmm, I wonder if there is any way to get our book club up there sometime ...

3 comments:

Regina said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by the "Paige Turner" blog. I am thoroughly enjoying the Glass Castle. I know the author is compared to Frank McCourt, but her tone is so much more hopeful than his. What do you think?

This inn looks like a fantastic place to visit. Part of me is curious as to what the rest of the building and the grounds look like. Do you think Nora Roberts has a soft spot for walking gardens?

Happy Reading! ~ Regina

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Regina - I'm not sure how I'd compare McCourt and Walls since it has been too long since I've read Angela's Ashes. You may be right about the hopefulness, but I also recall lots of humor in McCourt's writing.

As for the inn, I'd love to check it out, but did you see the prices?! *cough* They are a bit, um, high ...

Amy said...

The inn sounds so cool! Maybe she'll have to lower her prices due to the sucky economy!