Welcome to Storie delle Sorelle

Welcome to the blog for SdelleS. To learn more about our book club check out my first blog entry or read about our members. Or check out our ReadingGroupGuides.com interview here! Using the links to the right, you can browse the books we've read and rated or visit some of my favorite sites for book clubs on the web. How about some questions to consider as you read a book? This site is meant to provide a wealth of information for all readers so I hope you enjoy your visit! Please post a comment or contact me with any questions or thoughts. :)

Monday, October 8

2005: My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult, was the second book our club ever read, and it was a group pick. The 5 of us who participated gave the following ratings: 4, 5, 7, 9 and 10. The main debate we had centered on the mother's character. We discussed whether or not we would have done the same as she did if we were in her shoes.

What I found most fascinating about our discussion was the divergence in view between those of us who are mothers and those of us who are not. I have a son (at the time he was 2) and I found myself agreeing more with the other mom in the group, and less with the girls who don't have children.

There was lots more to this discussion (we split the book into two meetings) but I didn't start taking notes until 2007 so I can't give you any more details.

1 comment:

Adam M said...

Lovely bloog you have here