Welcome to Storie delle Sorelle

Welcome to the blog for SdelleS. To learn more about our book club check out my first blog entry or read about our members. Or check out our ReadingGroupGuides.com interview here! Using the links to the right, you can browse the books we've read and rated or visit some of my favorite sites for book clubs on the web. How about some questions to consider as you read a book? This site is meant to provide a wealth of information for all readers so I hope you enjoy your visit! Please post a comment or contact me with any questions or thoughts. :)

Monday, October 8

2006: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime

Carrie chose The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, by Mark Haddon. I don't recall our discussion about it (again, this was before my note-taking began) but from the ratings it appears we were divided yet again.

I do know that I found this book very interesting. It made me think of my best friend, a teacher who specializes in autism, and gave me insight into the challenges she faces every day. I also mentioned it to a friend of my mom who has a 20-something autistic son; she was very keen to read it, thinking it might give her some additional insight into the way her son thinks.

From a parent's point of view, the story is heartbreaking. All you want to do is love your child and have him love you back ... yet you can't even touch your child because he can't stand it. It was definitely an eye-opening book for me.

Ratings were as follows: 3x2, 4, 6, 7x2 and 8x2. The official rating was 5.1.

No comments: